On June 13, 2016 Microsoft announced their intention to acquire LinkedIn for $26B, Microsoft's most expensive takeover to date. Why is Microsoft willing to spend that money? What's in it for them, for customers and for partners? My Constellation Research colleagues Steve Wilson, Cindy Zhou and I examine what this combination means and how it impacts the future of work... from personal productivity and team collaboration, to changing the way career paths and hiring are managed, to the impact of marketing experiences.
To find more information see the complete report: Microsoft Acquires LinkedIn, Shaping the Future of Work.
Table Of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Microsoft’s Priciest Acquisition Reveals The Vision Of An Intelligent, Integrated Workplace
- Linking In To Microsoft’s Vision
- Linkedin Data Is Safe With Microsoft
- Looking Ahead : Upcoming Challenges
- What To Expect In Microsoft’s Future Of Work